Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
– Carl Sagan
Socrates developed four critical steps in the Socratic discussions of important issues:
1) eliciting relevant preconceptions,
2) clarifying preconceptions,
3) testing one's hypotheses or encountered propositions, and
4) deciding whether to accept the hypotheses or propositions.
1) The unexamined life is not worth living.
2) We should not simply follow the crowd and believe what everyone around us believes.
3) The wise man or woman is consistent.
Socrates said the wise man or woman is consistent in values and actions.
Science is the study of the physical world through repeated observations and experiments.