Rural Montana Life Community Groups
The Town of [Wild Horse] Plains, in the Cabinet Mountians Valley of western Montana, was named for the thousands of wild horses grazing in the mild winter months a century ago. The residents of the Plains area are the members of community groups who vision, plan, and work together on community goals.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
– Carl Sagan
Socrates developed four critical steps in the Socratic discussions of important issues:
1) eliciting relevant preconceptions,
2) clarifying preconceptions,
3) testing one's hypotheses or encountered propositions, and
4) deciding whether to accept the hypotheses or propositions.
1) The unexamined life is not worth living.
2) We should not simply follow the crowd and believe what everyone around us believes.
3) The wise man or woman is consistent.
Socrates said the wise man or woman is consistent in values and actions.
Science is the study of the physical world through repeated observations and experiments.